1. Who are we?
This is the privacy notice of Surgical Aftercare Solutions
We are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we use and look after your personal data when you provide it to us via our website, or course enquiries or personal data obtained in any other way, and tell you about your privacy rights.
This privacy notice applies to anyone who interacts with us about our products and services (‘you’, ‘your’), in any way (for example, by email, through our website, by phone). This privacy notice applies to you if you ask us about, buy or use our products and services or are referred to be treated on a course day. It describes how we handle your information, regardless of the way you contact us.
2. Where do we collect data?
We collect personal data through:
Website enquiries – Enquiry Form’s & Chats and offline Messages (New Website to follow)
- Telephone enquiries
- Marketing activities
- Declarations from Dental practices with consent from their patients
Personal data can be provided to Surgical Aftercare Solutions (The Dental Insurance Partnership Ltd) for:
- Provision of insuring Breast implant patients
2.1 Website Visitors
Cookies are small files that are written or downloaded to your computer’s hard drive when you access a website. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to us, we may issue cookies to your computer when you log on to and use the Website. The cookies from our Website allow us to store and quickly retrieve login information on your computer and provide data that we can use to improve the quality of our service. They also allow us to monitor Website traffic and to personalise the content of the Website for you. We may share this information with third parties to help improve the Website and better serve our users.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
3. What type of information do we collect?
The type of personal data we collect is:
- Patients information:name, email address, mobile number, telephone number, number of implants placed and date of placement and if a claim occurs records, treatment.
4. How do we use the information provided?
We will only use personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonable consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose we will notify you.
Our legal basis for processing the personal data are:
- Where it is necessary to pursue what we believe to be the legitimate interests of our organisation e.g. provision of training & patient treatment
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, such as maintaining patients records or delegate training records
- Where we need to comply with FCA guidelines,
- Where we need to do so to perform the contract with a data subject with your consent in some cases as set out below
- Provision of Insurance: The patient should provide their consent as per the declaration provided.
6. How can you Opt-out?
We may provide you from time to time with information from third parties we think may be of interest to you. You may opt out of marketing communications or withdraw consent to specific activities at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link provided in email communication or by contacting Surgical Aftercare Solutions via firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also write to us at Surgical Aftercare Solutions c/o The Dental Partnership Limited, Wentworth 9 Woodlands, Baildon, West Yorkshire BD17 6SP 5RD clearly stating the changes that you require.
7. If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data, for example under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter with you or other service we provide. We will notify you if this is the case.
8. Sharing Personal Data with Third-party
8.1 Provision of Insurance Protection
Personal data will only be shared with the underwriter for the sole purpose of insuring the treatment, the underwriter will keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the services they provide on our behalf.
9. How do we keep this information safe?
We store records in either electronic format or paper format.
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet or wireless network is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website, email or internet; any transmission is at your own risk.
Where the data is stored in paper format, it is stored in lockable cupboards.
10. How long do we retain data?
In line with FCA standards Surgical Aftercare Solutions (The Dental Insurance Partnership Ltd) will retain insurance data for a duration of 10 year following expiry of the cover.
11. Your rights as a data subject
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and correct. Please keep us informed if your personal details change during your relationship with us.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. On request, Surgical Aftercare Solutions (The Dental Insurance Partnership Ltd) will provide data subjects with copies of their personal data in a convenient format (via electronic means or otherwise). Surgical Aftercare Solutions (The Dental Insurance Partnership Ltd) might charge an administration fee of £50 + VAT for providing this information, it might take up to 30 days to provide the information.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records, this will be accommodated in line with the retention policy
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing e.g. Marketing preferences
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above please contact using the details in the ‘Changes to your Personal Information’ section. We may require proof of identity to confirm who you say you are before we can respond.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time and will notify any changes as required by the law.
12. How do you request or change any Personal Information we have?
If your personal information changes or you find that any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate, please advise us of the relevant changes as soon as possible by:
- e-mailing us at email@example.com or
- writing to us at Surgical Aftercare Solutions (The Dental Insurance Partnership Ltd) Wentworth, 9 Woodlands, Off Roundwood Road, Baildon, West Yorkshire BD17 6SP clearly stating the changes that you require.